I specialize in component based HTML/CSS architecture, with a focus on maintainability and scalability, a mobile first approach.
- Highly skilled in creating performant HTML, CSS
- Passionate about CSS Methodologies and CSS Preprocessors
- Skilled in creating Component Libraries, Prototypes and Style Guides
- Proficient with Task Runners and Package Managers and Version Control Systems
- Knowledgeable about User Experience, Accessibility, Performance, Responsive Web Development with a Mobile First approach, Cross-Browser Compatibilities and Progressive Enhancement.
Freelance Front-end DeveloperSelf-employed, Seattle (WA)
May 2017 - present
Front-end DeveloperSnap Fashion, London (UK)
May 2014 - Jul 2016
- Re-architected CSS/HTML codebase of the responsive Snap Fashion website for better maintainability and performance.
- Introduced Grunt, Bower and npm to automate common tasks, optimize frontend assets and manage third party packages.
- Created and maintained a style guide to use as a reference for our design language.
- Delivered front-end work for various external and internal projects to the backend team.
- Developed prototypes including a Chrome extension and browser bookmarklet.
- Offered guidance and support to the design team, advising on core web design principles, best practice and work flow.
Web Design & Interface SpecialistJohnHenry, London (UK)
Jun 2010 - May 2014
- Working within a team of 16+ I’ve established myself as a front-end developer with a strong focus on web standards, semantics, accessibility and progressive enhancement (HTML/CSS).
- Designed and/or built Wordpress themes as well as Shopify themes from scratch or customized them depending on the client’s needs.
- Headed the design team and designed simple and clean user interfaces.
Web SpecialistJohnHenry, London (UK)
Oct 2009 - Jun 2010
- Designed client websites and features as well as customized social media channels to improve their online presence.
- Content management, including image processing for the web.
- Built HTML newsletters and managed the distribution through the in house newsletter management system.
- Assisted the development team with HTML and CSS updates
BSc, Media-technology and -designUniversity of Applied Sciences Campus Hagenberg (AUT)
2006 - 2009
A full-time degree programme that provides the technical expertise as well as the design and communication skills in areas including web (backend and frontend development), multimedia, 3D modelling, animation, audio & video production.
User Experience, Accessibility, Web Standards, Automatization, Technology, Simplicity, Snowboarding, Bouldering, Coffee, Food, Art, Music, Movies, Traveling, Cabins, Plants, Goats, Chickens